I realised that there are many people out there who just love music and want to be able to step into the world of digital recording but struggle to know where to start. So I decided to write a very basic guide of all the things you must have to record or play music on a PC. I covered everything that you could need as a beginner without being too technical about it. Just the important things you need to know!
Whether you are a guitarist wanting to have some really cool guitar sounds like using Guitar Rig for my Hank Marvin patches, or someone who wants to record their own tracks or albums at home then this guide is for you! I have broken technical information into easy step by step instructions and cover the following subjects.
- What kind PC do you need
- Minimum hardware requirements
- Optimizing your PC for audio work
- How to clean up your PC
- Removing unwanted Malware and Virus’s to improve performance
- Audio Interfaces
- How to install audio drivers
- Different Software
- Studio Monitor
- Lists of all the latest and recommended hardware with approximate prices
- Buffer and Latency issues and solutions
This guide is compact, to the point, and will get you confident enough to know exactly what components you need and how to set-up everything!